Graduate Certificate in Information Security Management
Program Sheet (pdf)
The Graduate Certificate in Information Security Management at Nova Southeastern University’s Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences (GSCIS) is recognized by the National Security Agency (NSA) based on its certification of the school’s curriculum under NSA national training standards NSTISSI No. 4011 (Information Systems Security Professionals) and CNSSI No. 4013 (System Administrators). As a result of this certification, Federal civilian and military personnel will be permitted to take the school’s certified graduate courses under government sponsorship, and the school is authorized to issue certificates to students who complete such courses. Individuals may apply to take one or more certified information security courses as non-degree students.
Students can select to take online or on-campus classes. Online classes can be taken from anywhere in the world where Internet access is available. NSU utilizes Blackboard as the learning management system to deliver online course content. On-campus classes are held on the main campus in Fort Lauderdale. Each on-campus class meets once a week from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for 16 weeks in the fall and winter terms and 14 weeks in the summer term.
This graduate certificate in information security management is designed for students with undergraduate majors in management information systems, computer information systems, information technology, business administration, or a related field, and having knowledge and significant experience in computer applications.
Click here to apply now.
Security Management Gainful Employment
- How much will this program cost me?*
- Tuition and Fees: $11,090
- Books and Supplies: $1,000
- On-campus room & board: $0
- What other costs are there for this program? $0
- For further program cost information: http://www.scis.nova.edu/masters/certificate_sm.html
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
- What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
- Federal Loans:*
- Private Education Loans:*
- Institutional financing plan:*
* There were fewer than 10 graduates in this program. Median amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of graduates.
- How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 18 months to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2013-2014, *% finished in 18 months.
* Fewer than 10 students completed this program in 2013-14. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
- What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
- The job placement rate for students who completed this program is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Click here for more information on jobs related to this program:
Computer and Information Systems Managers: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/11-3021.00
Information Security Analysts: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1122.00